PLO official: Republican Party win not to affect peace process
The General Secretary of the Executive Committee of the Palestine Liberation Organization, Yasser Abed Rabbo on Wednesday said he did not expect the victory of Republican Party in the U.S. election would affect the efforts made by the U.S. administration to achieve peace in the Middle East.
Abed Rabbo said in statements to the "Voice of Palestine" radio "we will deal with the U.S. administration as was the case in the past because we are not tied to quarterly results of the elections." He said "these elections ultimately have political significance, but that does not affect the strategy of the United States of America and our point of view."
He stressed that "U.S. interests in the Middle East can not be changed or altered as a result of partial elections in the United States," noting that "the peace process is part of the U.S. strategy towards this region."
- Ashrawi: The Peace Process will not be Affected by the American Elections
- Peace Process in Doubt after Sharon Storms to Election Win in Israel
- What will a Republican US president mean for the Middle East?
- Obama win - a blow for Israeli PM
- Making the occupation irreversible: Israel releases tenders for 1859 settler units