Qatar Foundation Signs Strategic Partnership Agreement with Microsoft
Qatar Foundation for Education, Science and Community Development and Microsoft signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) at a press conference in Doha, Qatar. The MoU was signed between Executive Director of Operations, Qatar Foundation Mr. Khalid Al-Sulaiteen and Mr. Mohammad Hammoudi, Country Manager for Microsoft Qatar.
Under the agreement, Qatar Foundation will benefit from a 90 percent discount on the commercial prices of Microsoft software licenses as well as software assurance benefits such as free online training on the software purchased. In addition, Microsoft will provide professional-level developer and design tools to students under its DreamSpark program to support and advance their skills. Schools and universities at Education City will also be able to benefit from Microsoft's Live@edu, a cloud based service, which will provide students, staff and faculty with primary email addresses and a collaborative communications platform.
"Through our partnership with Microsoft, we are strengthening the capacity of teachers and students to use technology effectively in the classroom. We believe that technology can expand the power of education and unlock the potential of students, educators and schools by delivering relevant solutions, services and programs that focus on improved personalized learning outcomes," said Al Sulaiteen
"This Strategic Partnership Agreement comes with boatloads of value for Qatar Foundation and its users. And I believe it establishes the foundation for a new era of education innovation and development," he added
Speaking at the conference, Mr. Sa'di Awienat, IT Director of Qatar Foundation, said, "Microsoft is a valued partner to Qatar Foundation and we are glad to engage with them in realizing our vision in creating a knowledge-based society. Our users will continue to enjoy increased innovation thanks to the scale and resources this deal provides."
Mohammad Hammoudi, Country Manager, Microsoft Qatar expressed Microsoft's support of QF in achieving its vision to create a positive impact on the education sector in the country.
"We value our relationship with Qatar Foundation and will continue to offer expert knowledge and tools that will help the education community be at the forefront. Education is the foundation of economic growth and in collaboration with educators, governments, and local partners. Microsoft is committed to providing access to technology, helping students acquire skills required to pursue their career and fueling local innovation."
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- Microsoft and Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Organization Sign a Strategic Technical Partnership Agreement
- Knowledge Economic City Al Madinah and Wipro sign MoU
- Government of Lebanon and Microsoft sign Partners in Learning MoU
- Qtel Group signs strategic partnership with ZTE Ccorporation
- Oman, Microsoft sign MoU to bring improved ICT education to schools