Qatar to invest in Spanish banking sector
Hamad bin Jassim Al Thani, the Qatari Prime Minister has said his country plans to invest 300 million euros in the capital of Spanish banks. The Qatari Prime Minister made these remarks during a joint news conference in Doha, with his Spanish counterpart Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero. "We studied the option for Qatar to invest in Spain in the bank sector and there is a commitment in principle to invest 300 million euros in the capital of banks.
He mentioned the existence of a financial plan by the Spanish government to capitalize some companies, adding that "we have expressed our willingness to invest significantly as we have confidence in the Spanish economy."
The Qatari prime minister conveyed that this issue will be discussed in the coming days in details.
- Spanish company to invest $26 million in Morocco in 2002
- Qatari government to buy 10% of local banks
- Doha Securities Market up by 8.85% following government purchase decision
- Qatar to provide cash-strapped Egypt with $3 billion financial aid
- First private Qatari oil and gas joint stock company established