Qatar to invest in Spanish banking sector
Hamad bin Jassim Al Thani, the Qatari Prime Minister has said his country plans to invest 300 million euros in the capital of Spanish banks. The Qatari Prime Minister made these remarks during a joint news conference in Doha, with his Spanish counterpart Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero. "We studied the option for Qatar to invest in Spain in the bank sector and there is a commitment in principle to invest 300 million euros in the capital of banks.
He mentioned the existence of a financial plan by the Spanish government to capitalize some companies, adding that "we have expressed our willingness to invest significantly as we have confidence in the Spanish economy."
The Qatari prime minister conveyed that this issue will be discussed in the coming days in details.
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Ethiopia launches $2.8m research survey for Nile basin development
- UAE sweetens flotation regulations to attract more investment
- GCC Investment Strategy and Sectors Outlook for 2006
- IBQ speaks to Spanish Business Council in Qatar: IBQ is strongly positioned to support businesses in Doha
- IBQ speaks about Qatar’s banking scene at the Spain-Qatar Business Meeting
- During 2000-04, Qatar’s nominal GDP is estimated to have grown at a CAGR of 12.5%