Report: Egypt folis Sinai attacks
Egyptian authorities have arrested three people suspected of planning to carry out "terrorist" attacks in the resort town of Sharm el-Sheikh, the London-based al-Sharq al-Awsat newspaper reported on Sunday. The three were detained in a vehicle containing bomb equipment and explosive charges. According to the report, the three suspects were deatined by Bedouins, who handed them over to the authorities. No identity documents were found with them.
They were arrested five days before the rocket attack on Eilat and Aqaba last week. Sources quoted by the Arabic dailed said there was a connection between these arrests and the rocket attack.
- Sinai attack: Death toll rises as massive arrest raid launched
- Detained Egyptian biochemist denies connection to London attacks
- Albania Arrests, Deports Egyptian with Suspected Terrorist Links
- Kuwait Authorities Arrest Eight Suspected to Carry out Attacks on US Soldiers
- The House of Deputies condemns terrorist attacks