Report on failed assassination attempt against Omar Suleiman
American sources reported that General Omar Suleiman, Egypt's newly appointed Vice President was a target of a failed assassination attempt during the past few days. Two of his bodyguards died.
A senior official in the American Administration, who requested not to be named, confirmed that Suleiman survived an assassination attempt which seems to be an organized attack.
According to "Fox News", the incident resulted in the deaths of two of his bodyguards.
For his part, Robert Gibbs, spokesman for the White House, declined to comment on this information. Even in the reports of "Fox News", it was not clear who was behind the assassination attempt.
- Report: Ahmadinejad survived an assassination attempt during Lebanon visit
- Yemeni security official survives assassination attempt
- Libyan president dodges the bullet, survives assassination attempt
- Lebanon: Senior Hizbullah leader survives assassination attempt
- Report: Yemen's military intelligence chief survives assassination attempt