Report: Gaddafi's wife and daughter heading from Tunisia to Poland
A Tunisian newspaper on Thursday reported that the wife of Libyan leader Colonel Muammar Gaddafi's and their daughter Aisha had left the Tunisian airport of Djerba heading to Poland. It added that Polish government sources confirmed the arrival of the wife and daughter from Tunisia.
The Tunisian Ministry of the Interior has denied on Wednesday that the wife and Aisha had entered the Tunisian territory, contrary to many press reports about this.
A spokesman for the Tunisian Ministry of the Interior was quoted as saying: "The presence of members of the Gaddafi family is subject to international sanctions including a travel ban," pointing out that the Tunisian authorities will enforce these sanctions in case members of the Gaddafi family try to enter into the territory of Tunisia ".
- Libya seeks extradition of Gaddafi's family from Algeria
- Report: Gaddafi ill and ready to leave Libya
- Report: Bouteflika refuses to allow Gaddafi entry into Algerian territory
- Gaddafi daughter in hospital after watching her father lynch on TV
- Gaddafi buried in desert as family plans to leave to S. Africa