Report: Iran plans assassination operations in Arab states if attacked
According to opposition sources, the Iranian "Revolutionary Guard" is preparing to deploy about 400 elite fighters in various Middle Eastern countries, particularly in the Gulf, in order to carry out assassination operations ahead and during a possible war against Iran. "The Ahwazi Islamic Sunni organization", an Arab opposition group in Iran,said in a statement published by Siyasa daily in Kuwait that "The Qods Force of the Revolutionary Guard is preparing to deploy 400 elite snipers in several areas of the Middle East, especially the Gulf and Lebanon with the participation of elements from Hizbullah. "
According to the statement, obtained by the organization's "secret service", that "the goal of deploying these elements is to implement a large number of assassinations against senior government officials, military officers, prominent Arab and foreign journalists in the Middle East, ahead and during a possible war which might erupt in the region."
The statement pointed out that "the arming of these elements will be done through smuggling or purchase in local markets."
- Prominent Female Journalist Assassinated in Kuwait
- Should we be surprised by reports of an Iranian terror plot in Jordan?
- Report: Iran-Hizbullah cell planned to assassinate Israeli DM
- Sources: Ahmadinejad ordered to carry out assassinations abroad
- Report: American air force training Gulf states ahead of war with Iran