Report: Israeli envoy leaves Cairo after spy network reports
Following the great media uproar as a result of the arrest of suspected Israeli agent in Egypt, the Israeli Ambassador to Cairo Yitzhak Levanon left the Egyptian capital on Wednesday evening and returned to Tel Aviv with his wife. Al Jazeera TV channel quoted press sources as saying that Levanon has not announced the reason for his departure from Cairo or the date he plans to return.
Howver, there is some speculation that Levanon left Cairo for consultations on how to to deal with the issue of the spy network. However. some reports said Levanon made the travel arrangements for the New Year's holiday. The reports said Levanon boarded an El Al aircraft destined for Tel Aviv after waiting for more than 40 minutes at the VIP Hall.
- Report: Israeli envoy to Cairo refuses to leave famous restaurant
- Sources: Egypt Rejected Appointment of New Israeli Envoy
- Report: Israeli Ambassador’s Cairo Residence Ringed by Security Forces
- Growing calls to expel the Israeli envoy from Cairo
- Egypt Destroys Wall Around Israeli Ambassador's Home; Israel Protests