Riots in East Jerusalem after Palestinian shot dead
An Israeli security guard shot dead a Palestinian on Wednesday in an East Jerusalem district, locals and Israeli police said. According to Reuters, the guard shot the 32-year-old man while driving through Silwan before dawn, a police spokesman said, adding he told investigators he had opened fire after his car was blocked and stoned by dozens of Palestinians.
Locals said the Israeli worked as a guard for the small Jewish settlement in Silwan, and that at least two other Palestinians were injured in the shooting.
Israeli policemen fired rubber-coated bullets and teargas at Palestinian protesters after the shooting, leaving several Palestinians injured.
- Israeli police, Palestinians clash after teen killed in Jerusalem
- Jerusalem: Palestinian shot dead after grabbing pistol from Israeli guard
- Riots erupt in East Jerusalem after death of Palestinian teen
- Israeli Security Guard Dies after East Jerusalem Shooting
- Two Palestinians shot dead after injuring four Israelis in east Jerusalem