Saudi Arabia signs contracts of HHR Stations construction
Chairman of the Saudi Public Investment Fund (PIF), and Minister of Finance Dr. Ibrahim Al-Assaf, and Chairman of SRO's Board of Directors and Transport Minister Dr. Jabara Al-Seraisry signed four contract agreements for construction of HHR stations with Saudi bin Laden Group and Saudi Oger Ltd for a total value of SR 9,385,554,311. Commenting on signing the Contracts, Dr. Al-Assaf said that Haramain High Speed Rail (HHR) is one of most important transport projects in the Kingdom.
For his part, Minister of Transport confirmed that the signing of these contracts represents the Package 2 of the phase I of HHR project which aims at constructing four passenger stations according to the highest international standards and specifications, indicating that the stations are located in each of Jeddah, Makkah, Madinah and King Abdullah Economic city in Rabigh (KAEC).
Abdul Aziz Al Hokail, president of SRO explained that the contracts signed aimed at constructing of four passenger stations. Two contracts were signed with Saudi Bin Laden Group for Makkah and Madinah Stations (Makkah station with a value of (SR 188.8.131.522) and Madinah station with a value of (SR 1.557.322.769), while the other two contracts signed with Saudi Oger Ltd, one to build a passenger station in Jeddah worth (SAR 2.900.000.000), and the other to build KAEC station in Rabigh with a value of ( SR 1.750.000.000).
Al Hokail informed that the engineering designs of the stations have been prepared by Foster + partners.
He added that that the stations contain, in addition to the main building and arrival and departure concourses , a mosque that can accommodate more than (600) people, civil defense station, and helipad, 10 terminals, short and long term car parking , and lounges for VIPs, shops, restaurants and cafes. The stations have been linked with the public transport system and provided with pedestrian corridors for the light train stations intended to be implemented in these cities.
Regarding the fifth stations, he said that this station is located within the facilities of King Abdul Aziz international airport in Jeddah, and it is within the project of development of the airport which is currently being implemented, however, it has been agreed that its design is to be consistent in form and content of the other stations' design.
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow
- French Alstom Power signs $408 million contract with Saudi Arabia
- Always lucrative: Saudi Arabia invites bids for Makkah's $16.5 billion metro
- Alstom signs contract to build stage 3 of Shoaiba in Saudi Arabia
- McDermott signs contract with Saudi Al-Khafji Joint Operations
- Saudi Arabia: Construction of training institutions