Saudi bourse rises some 8%
The Saudi Stock Exchange reported a performance report this month rating the exchange’s growth. At the end of the first half of 2011, the index closed at 6,576.00 points, up 482.24 points (7.91%) compared to the same time last year. On a year to day basis the Index lost 44.75 points (0.68%). The Index’s highest close was at 6,788.42 points on 16/01/2011.
Total equity market capitalization at the end of the first half of 2011 reached SR 1,307.49 billion ($US 348.66 billion), an increase of 9.10% from the same period last year.
The total value of shares reached SR 583.32 billion ($US 155.55 billion), up 28.00% from the previous period.
The total number of shares traded reached 27.27 billion shares up 38.15% from 19.74 billion shares traded during the same time of the previous period.
The total number of transactions executed reached 12.94 million, up 10.97% from the 11.66 million trades from the same period last year.
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Ethiopia launches $2.8m research survey for Nile basin development
- UAE sweetens flotation regulations to attract more investment