Saudi inflation rate slightly down
Saudi Arabia's annual inflation rate declined to 5.3 percent in January 2011 from 5.4 percent in December 2010. This is the lowest level since April 2010.
According to data from the Central Department of Statistics, food prices dropped sharply. On a month-on-month basis, inflation amounted to 0.1 percent in January, unchanged from December, Reuters said.
Consumer prices are expected to climb higher this year, due to increasing global food prices.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts