Saudi inflation rate slightly down
Saudi Arabia's annual inflation rate declined to 5.3 percent in January 2011 from 5.4 percent in December 2010. This is the lowest level since April 2010.
According to data from the Central Department of Statistics, food prices dropped sharply. On a month-on-month basis, inflation amounted to 0.1 percent in January, unchanged from December, Reuters said.
Consumer prices are expected to climb higher this year, due to increasing global food prices.
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Ethiopia launches $2.8m research survey for Nile basin development
- UAE sweetens flotation regulations to attract more investment