Saudi inflation rate slightly down
Saudi Arabia's annual inflation rate declined to 5.3 percent in January 2011 from 5.4 percent in December 2010. This is the lowest level since April 2010.
According to data from the Central Department of Statistics, food prices dropped sharply. On a month-on-month basis, inflation amounted to 0.1 percent in January, unchanged from December, Reuters said.
Consumer prices are expected to climb higher this year, due to increasing global food prices.
- Gulfnet collaborates on global cybersecurity platform
- Middle East poised to become an industry leader in 3D printing
- UAE Space Agency, Lockheed Martin ‘blast off’ with professional training program
- Show me the money: Lebanon addresses bank transfer delay problems
- Kuwait to receive French helicopters in $1.1B deal