Saudi inflation rate slightly down
Saudi Arabia's annual inflation rate declined to 5.3 percent in January 2011 from 5.4 percent in December 2010. This is the lowest level since April 2010.
According to data from the Central Department of Statistics, food prices dropped sharply. On a month-on-month basis, inflation amounted to 0.1 percent in January, unchanged from December, Reuters said.
Consumer prices are expected to climb higher this year, due to increasing global food prices.
- Breaking the barrier: roamer app says it has bypassed block of VoIP providers In UAE
- Etihad's debut A380 Residence flight receives 'overwhelming' response in US
- Money to be made on Saudi mortgages? How KSA's new law is planned to boost markets
- The US to overtake Saudi Arabia as top oil producer
- Jordan's Fuel Crisis: Vehicle restrictions and timed blackouts proposed