Senior Hamas security official detained in Egypt
Egyptian sources said on Saturday that a senior Hamas security official named Mohammed Dababes aka "Abu Radwan," was arrested by Egyptian security authorities at Cairo International Airport on his return, heading to the Gaza Strip.
The sources said Dababes is the official in charge of the Public Security within Hamas movement and he is a member of the Supreme Security Council in the Palestinian government.
The reason for his arrest was not disclosed.
Hamas sources claimed that Dababes has been nominated to lead the commission of inquiry set up by Interior Minister Fathi Hammad to probe the January 6 2010 killing of an Egyptian soldier on the border between the Gaza Strip and Egypt.
A spokesman for Hamas in Gaza declined to comment on this story.
- Palestinian Authority says Hamas planned to kill senior officials
- Hamas leader detained at Cairo airport
- Gaza: Senior Fatah members detained for several hours
- Egypt detains al Qaeda leader in Sinai
- Hamas sets conditions to stop attacks against Israeli civilians; PA arrests senior finance ministry official