Sipchem awards contract to Korean firm
Saudi International Petrochemical Company (Sipchem) announced that it had awarded the Engineering, design and construction (LSTK) contract for its Ethyl Acetate Plant to eTEC Engineering & Construction Company, Korea on 8 January 2011.The plant will produce Ethyl Acetate (EA) and Butyl Acetate (BA) with an annual production capacity of 100 thousand metric tons in its industrial complex in Jubail Industrial City.
Sipchem has previously announced on August 4, 2010 the signing of a licensing agreement with the French company Rhodia for the use of its technology in this project. The Ethyl Acetate plant is expected to start production during the second quarter of the year 2013. The product will be used in the inks industry, for industrial solvents and as granules used in surface coatings.
The Ethyl Acetate Plant is expected to satisfy all local needs in addition to meeting the demand of the international markets for EA and BA. The plant will be wholly owned by Sipchem.
- GACIC selects Norwegian firm to build butanediol plant in Saudi Arabia
- SABIC awards ethylene glycol plant contract Toyo Engineering
- Chiyoda to construct $240 million methanol plant in Saudi Arabia
- SABIC awards contract to build plant to Japanese company
- Sabic plans to build second Ethylene Glycol plant at Jubail United