Sipchem awards contract to Korean firm
Saudi International Petrochemical Company (Sipchem) announced that it had awarded the Engineering, design and construction (LSTK) contract for its Ethyl Acetate Plant to eTEC Engineering & Construction Company, Korea on 8 January 2011.The plant will produce Ethyl Acetate (EA) and Butyl Acetate (BA) with an annual production capacity of 100 thousand metric tons in its industrial complex in Jubail Industrial City.
Sipchem has previously announced on August 4, 2010 the signing of a licensing agreement with the French company Rhodia for the use of its technology in this project. The Ethyl Acetate plant is expected to start production during the second quarter of the year 2013. The product will be used in the inks industry, for industrial solvents and as granules used in surface coatings.
The Ethyl Acetate Plant is expected to satisfy all local needs in addition to meeting the demand of the international markets for EA and BA. The plant will be wholly owned by Sipchem.
- Tunisian, Moroccan Chambers of Commerce meet to discuss economic partnership
- Winter wonderland: Dubai debuts Aspen Chalets with view of Ski Dubai
- Egyptian economic experts predict inflation rate will continue to climb
- Shoura Council: Expats cannot buy property in Mecca, Medina, Riyadh
- Tensions increase between Egypt, Italy over renewable energy projects
- ADIB signs Memorandum of Understand to support Korean construction firms operating in Middle East
- S. Korean Company Set to Build UAE Power Plant, Desalination Facilty
- DOHALAND awards construction contract to consortium of Hyundai Engineering & Construction Co. Ltd and HBK Contracting Co WLL
- Resistance forces drive South Korean company out of Iraq