SNC-Lavalin, Saudi partner selected to carry out Aramco projects
SNC-Lavalin has recently announced that it had been selected, together with its local Saudi 50/50 joint venture partner, The Zuhair Fayez Partnership, by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s state-owned oil company, Saudi Aramco, to perform general engineering and project management services (GES+) under a five-year reimbursable contract.
Under the contract, SNC-Lavalin and The Zuhair Fayez Partnership will perform Front-End Engineering & Design (FEED) and select detailed engineering, as well as project management services to support the execution of Saudi Aramco’s capital program. These projects include oil and gas production and processing facilities, both on and offshore, infrastructure projects, refining and petrochemical facilities. This work will be executed out of the Joint Venture offices in Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia.
“Saudi Aramco has been a valued client of ours for over 15 years and we are delighted to have this opportunity to further reinforce our relationship with them, and to contribute to the Kingdom’s localization program to increase expertise and employment in Saudi Arabia,” said Jean Beaudoin, Executive Vice-President, SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. “We are proud of the confidence they have shown in SNC-Lavalin’s technical expertise and are looking forward to working with them under this long term contract.”
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?