Sony Professional Solutions MEA signs Contract with Ministry of Information Oman TV
Sony Professional Solutions MEA (PSMEA) today announced that it has secured a landmark US $69 million deal with the Sultanate of Oman's Ministry of Information to build state-of-the-art High Definition studios at Oman TV Complex in Muscat, as well as refurbish the television broadcast facility located in Salalah. Upon completion of the project in November 2011, viewers of Oman TV will be the first in the region to experience the superior quality of High Definition content production and distribution.
This project will see Sony PSMEA providing a future-proof 3G infrastructure that will position Oman TV as the technology leader within the region's broadcast industry. The contract includes the delivery of fully equipped High Definition studios, tapeless networked production, Media Asset Management - News, transmission, Radio and other extensive facilities to provide a truly tapeless broadcast production environment. Sony PSMEA is also providing the latest technology for the refurbishment of the broadcaster's TV facilities in Salalah, which will be integrated with the TVcomplex in Muscat.
- Gulfnet collaborates on global cybersecurity platform
- Middle East poised to become an industry leader in 3D printing
- UAE Space Agency, Lockheed Martin ‘blast off’ with professional training program
- Show me the money: Lebanon addresses bank transfer delay problems
- Kuwait to receive French helicopters in $1.1B deal
- Sony's 3G project with Al Jazeera worth a whole lot more "Gs": historic deal signed for $143 million Monday
- OMAN TV brings High Definition broadcast to viewers with Sony Professional Solutions MEA
- Sony Professional
- Afkar Information Technology signs contract to develop intranet for Al-Jazeera
- PRO TECHnology signs contracts to the tune of US$ 4 million at GITEX 2006