South Lebanon: One killed, four dead in cluster bomb blast
A sapper died and at least four others were hurt on Monday when a cluster bomb went off as their team cleared a mine-infested field in southern Lebanon, a security source said. Two separate explosions took place in the same area as sappers from the Peace Generation Organisation for Demining, a Hizbullah-backed group, worked to clear olive and tobacco fields in Yater, near the coastal town of Tyre, the source was quoted as saying by AFP. The source conveyed the bomb had been left over from the 2006 war with Israel. The United Nations estimates that Israel dropped more than four million cluster bomblets in southern Lebanon during the summer war.
- Lebanon: Four children wounded in blast as report says Israel, Hizbullah agree on prisoner exchange
- ATFL and State Department "Team-Up" to Remove Deadly Cluster Bomblets in Lebanon
- Civilian Seriously Injured by Israeli Landmine in South Lebanon
- Lebanon: Man wounded as Israeli bomb explodes
- Israeli warplanes bomb southern Lebanon