Syria army, Hizbullah reach "field understandings" over next war with Israel
Kuwait's al Rai newspaper reported on Monday that Hizbullah concluded "field understandings" with the Syrian army, during which both sides will cooperate at the military level, including "combat cooperation" in the event of an outbreak of a war with Israel. The understandings include intelligence cooperation. Both sides agreed to exchange data on the "bank of Israeli targets" and dividing responsibility to bomb these targets between Hizbullah and Syria.
The two sides agreed to establish a joint "operation room" which will be occupied by Hizbullah and Syria officers. .This room is intended to fill all the intelligence gaps that can emerge in the battlefield, the report said.
The newspaper added that via this cooperation the Syrian army makes available all the intelligence its units gather regarding the Israeli air force and its flights. The idea is that Hizbullah will be bombing of the Israeli airports before the flights. According to the report, the most important thing in this cooperation it is to damage the Israeli Air Force and reduce its capabilities.
- Analysis: Israel’s new Merkava 4 tank clearly designed for war with Syria
- The coup attempt that started a war: Israel’s invasion of Lebanon, its causes and consequences
- Syria warns Israel as Israeli DM wants NATO forces on Lebanon border
- Croatia and Israel to cooperate in intelligence
- Lebanon: Criticism of Hizbullah grows