Syria oil output hits 141 million barrels
Syria's total production of oil in 2010 amounted to about 141 million barrels and a daily average of 386 thousand barrels. This represents an increase of some 9400 barrels per day compared to 2009. The Syrian Oil Minister Sufian Alao said that during 2010 the gas production reached about 10 billion cubic meters.
With regard to cooperation with Iran in the field of gas, he said that it was agreed to extend a pipeline with a total length of 2,000 kilometers through Iraq. This pipline will transfer Iranian gas destined for Europe. Its capacity will be 110 million cubic meters of gas per day.
- Mandatory health insurance required for Dubai residents
- World Bank offers Jordan $1.4B over six years for Syria response
- Swiss Leaks revisited: Strong Egyptian presence in banking scandal
- Government services increasingly digitized in MENA to collect big data
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval