Syria rejects US comments on Lebanon
A state-run Syrian newspaper on Sunday rejected American accusations that Damascus is undermining Lebanon's sovereignty, calling the claims "irresponsible." Tishrin daily said Sunday the accusations reflect a "pure Israeli will" and that American policies lack credibility.
Last week, U.S. Ambassador to the UN Susan Rice singled out Syria and said it displayed a "flagrant disregard" for Lebanon's sovereignty and political independence. Tishrin said the American claims were in "full harmony" with Israel's regional policies.
- Lebanon’s Speaker Calls for Formation of National Front to Oppose ‘Israeli Aggression’
- Jumblatt says comments on Assad ”improper”
- Israel publicly comments on Syria attack for the first time
- Lebanon FM: Syria not to pullout completely until at least April
- Syria's Assad accuses Israel of trying to destabilize his country