Syrian President: No Israeli partner for peace
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on Thursday met with a member of the U.S. Senate Senator Arlen Specter. They discussed the latest developments in the region, particularly the importance of creating appropriate conditions to achieve just and comprehensive peace that will guarantees security and stability in the region, Syria news agency reported.
Al-Assad said that Syria appreciates the desire of President Barack Obama in this regard, "but there are no indicators for achieving tangible progress in light of the current Israeli government which does not want peace, and believe in it." They also discussed bilateral relations between Syria and the United States.
מילון - הצג
- Assad stresses importance of holding dialogue between Syria and the US
- Syria, USA Strengthen Political Dialogue; President Assad Meets U.S. Senator
- Greek President Holds Discussions with Syrian Vice President
- Syrian Vice President visits France
- Assad, Ahmadinejad and Nasrallah discuss Israeli threats during Damascus summit