TAQA Announces Restart of North Sea Rijn Oil Production
Abu Dhabi National Energy Company PJSC (TAQA), a publicly listed company on the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX: TAQA), today announced the successful restart of crude oil production from the Rijn field offshore the Netherlands, 12 years after being shut down.
TAQA applied recent advances in technology to create the restart option in the Rijn field which it acquired in 2007. The project involved workovers on five oil producing wells, five water injection wells and an upgrade of the TAQA-operated P15-C offshore facilities. All produced water is now re-injected into the reservoir and production is enhanced with newly installed Electrical Submersible Pumps (ESPs).
Jan Willem van Hoogstraten, Managing Director of TAQA Energy said: "We are proud to have successfully restarted oil production from Rijn 25 years after the first start-up in 1985 and in less than four years after acquiring the asset. This has been an excellent demonstration of our expertise in using new technology to develop mature upstream assets, and a story of initiative, innovation and teamwork that underlies what can be achieved. The support of our partners was key in initialising the Rijn redevelopment and unlocking good quality Rijn oil reserves.”
TAQA has a 38.27% operating interest in the Rijn field. The field is situated in Block P15, 40 kilometres northwest of the Port of Rotterdam in 25 metres (82 feet) of water. The Rijn wells are connected to the TAQA-operated P15-ACD offshore production and processing facilities. Crude oil production is exported to the Port of Rotterdam via pipeline. The current production rate from the Rijn field is approximately 3,500 barrels of oil per day.
Other partners in the project are Dyas BV, 45.69%; Oranje Nassau Energie BV 14.19% and Wintershall Noordzee BV 1.84%.
- Gulfnet collaborates on global cybersecurity platform
- Middle East poised to become an industry leader in 3D printing
- UAE Space Agency, Lockheed Martin ‘blast off’ with professional training program
- Show me the money: Lebanon addresses bank transfer delay problems
- Kuwait to receive French helicopters in $1.1B deal
- TAQA announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year financial results 2010
- TAQA Strengthens North Sea Footprint
- Abu Dhabi national energy company pjsc (taqa) agrees to purchase north sea assets from shell u.k. ltd and esso exploration and production u.k. ltd
- Taqa takes over as operator of the north sea brent system
- First oil production announced from offshore Oman Block