Tunisia: Foreign investments up by almost 3%
The value of foreign investment in Tunisia grew by 2.9% in 2010 compared with 2009, amounting to TD2.44 billion (about US$1.8 billion), compared to TD2.357 billion.
According to a statistical report issued by the Tunisian Agency for the Promotion of Foreign Investment foreign investment is divided between FDI valued at TD2.172 billion, compared to TD2.278 billion in 2009, say a drop of 4.7% and investment portfolio which amounted to TD252.7 million, compared to TD78.3 million in 2009. i.e. a 222.7% boom.
The report noted that the foreign investments in the energy sector amounted to TD1.4 billion dinars, followed by the industry sector with TD550 million. Meanwhile, foreign investments in the tourism and real estate sector reached TD87 million while investments in the agriculture sector reached TD 2.6 million. The service sector and other sectors saw foreign investments of of TD133.1 million.
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis