Two Palestinian fighters shot dead on Gaza border
Israeli troops shot dead two members of Islamic Jihad's armed wing on the Gaza Strip Sunday morning, Palestinian and Israeli sources said. The two Palestinians died to the east of Khan Yunis, in the southern part of the Gaza Strip, during an exchange of fire with Israeli forces, said witnesses and the Al-Quds brigade.
According to AFP, an Israeli army spokeswoman confirmed the clash. "Soldiers opened fire on members of a terrorist cell which was trying to place an explosive charge in the immediate vicinity of the security barrier," she was quoted as saying. "The incident happened in the south of the Gaza Strip and helicopters backed up the fire of the soldiers," she added. According to her, "soldiers received instructions not to hesitate to open fire when they saw terrorists placing booby-trap devices near the barrier."
- Gaza’s Islamic Jihad sets up watchtower on Israeli border
- Israeli helicopters attack in south Lebanon, two people killed; Two Palestinian fighters shot dead in Gaza Strip
- Two Palestinians Shot Dead by Israelis in Gaza
- Gaza border: Two Palestinians shot dead
- Palestinian shot dead by Israeli fire on Gaza border