US cable: Khamenei suffers from terminal cancer
A leaked US diplomatic cable from August 2009 expected the imminent demise of Iran's supreme leader. The latest group of documents released by WikiLeaks included a report from an un-named informant that Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei suffers from terminal cancer and is "expected to die in months,"
The information about Khamenei's situation comes from a partially redacted American diplomatic cable in which an un-named businessman reports a discussion that one of his contacts had with former Iranian President Ali Akbar Rafsanjani, who told him that Khamenei has terminal leukemia.
- The plight of Gaza's terminally ill surviving the closure of Rafah crossing
- Iran selects new 'supreme leader' to succeed Khamenei
- Libya: "Lockerbie agent" dies in Tripoli
- Former Iran president: U.S. intelligence report was leaked by Democrats or independent groups
- How can moderate Muslims battle extremism in Islam?