US sources speak about plot to kill Lebanon PM
American sources have conveyed they know about a plot to assassinate Lenanon's caretaker premier, Saad Hariri. Quoted by a Kuwaiti newspaper they spoke about "a plot to assassinate him in Beirut "last month."
The sources said the American warnings to Al-Hariri came at the same time when he received similar warnings from the Saudi and French intelligence.services
The sources pointed out that Washington and Paris have been allowed to monitor the movement of Saad Hariri in Lebanon, since August 2010. They informed the Lebanese leader he needs to exercise extreme caution in the course of his travels in Lebanon.
The sources said elements followed Hariri's motorcade in Beirut «especially on the road to the airport, and sometimes at the airport itself. According to the American sources, they recommended him to "stay out of Lebanon at this stage due to political and security developments".
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Intelligence sources: Syria to resume assassinations in Lebanon
- Indian PM Speaks to Pakistani President Musharraf
- Growing fears in Lebanon over potential Ramadan terrorist attacks
- Lebanon: Dozens of fighters in hiding after Tripoli battles