West Bank: Israel nabs senior Hamas lawmaker
The wife of a senior Hamas lawmaker from the West Bank city of Ramallah on Wednesday Israeli forces detained her husband in a pre-dawn raid. The Israeli military confirmed the arrest of Mahmoud Ramahi. His wife, Amani Ramahi, said Wednesday that some of the troops had their faces masked.
According to the AP, Ramahi was among scores of Hamas lawmakers and Cabinet ministers detained in 2006 after Hamas captured an Israeli soldier. Ramahi was released in 2009.
Ahmed Bahar of Hamas, deputy parliament speaker, called the arrest "part of the comprehensive, systematic war against our homeland."
- Israel nabs two Hamas lawmakers
- Israeli forces raid Bethlehem and detain Palestinian lawmakers, Hamas leaders
- Two Palestinians killed in Gaza as Israel kidnaps senior Hamas members
- Israeli military court orders release of Hamas ministers, lawmakers
- Deportation of two Palestinians to Gaza Strip completed; Senior Hamas member nabbed