West Bank: Palestinian shot dead
A Palestinian was killed on Thursday in an exchange of fire with Israeli occupation soldiers at an army post in the northern West Bank, reports said.
"A Palestinian opened fire on a guard post. The soldiers returned fire and he was killed," an Israeli military spokeswoman was quoted as saying by AFP.
The shooting took place near the settlement of Mevo Dotan, some 10 kilometres southwest of the town of Jenin.
Palestinian security officials identified the dead man as 23-year-old Saalem Mohammed Samudi from Yamun village near Jenin. He was a close friend of another Palestinian shot dead by troops on January 8 at a checkpoint near Nablus.
- Israeli Soldiers Kill Palestinian in Nablus
- Five Palestinians killed by Israeli fire in West Bank
- Palestinian teen shot dead in Gaza Strip as Israeli soldier wounded in West Bank
- Israeli fire kills Palestinian cameraman, injures at least 17 in Nablus
- Israeli Troops Kill Six Palestinians in Span of Hours