West Bank: Palestinian shot dead
A Palestinian was killed on Thursday in an exchange of fire with Israeli occupation soldiers at an army post in the northern West Bank, reports said.
"A Palestinian opened fire on a guard post. The soldiers returned fire and he was killed," an Israeli military spokeswoman was quoted as saying by AFP.
The shooting took place near the settlement of Mevo Dotan, some 10 kilometres southwest of the town of Jenin.
Palestinian security officials identified the dead man as 23-year-old Saalem Mohammed Samudi from Yamun village near Jenin. He was a close friend of another Palestinian shot dead by troops on January 8 at a checkpoint near Nablus.
- Palestinian teen shot dead in West Bank raid
- Four Palestinians shot dead in West Bank as new US resolution says Palestinians have right to sovereignty
- Israeli Settler Shot Dead in West Bank
- Israeli aggression continues: Palestinian teen shot dead in Gaza Strip, five Palestinians arrested in West Bank
- West Bank settlement attack: three Israelis killed, one Palestinian shot dead; four Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip