89 Indian workers died in Qatar during 2014
Death toll of Indian labors has risen to 567 from January 2012.
According to Gulf news, Migrant workers are still dying at a rate of one person a day, raising pressure on Qatar to improve the conditions for its 1.4 million laborers.
It is also recorded that a total of 53 Nepalese workers have also died in the same period.
Analysis of previous death figures has shown that a high proportion were involved in workplace accidents or suffered sudden heart failure, the report added.
Meanwhile, The minister of labour and social affairs, Abdullah Saleh Mubarak Al Khulaifi said that the ministry is making every effort to tackle all laws that relate to workers' issues. (ANI)
- Report: More than 450 Indian migrant workers died in Qatar
- Qatar human rights body dismiss death of 450 Indian migrant workers as 'normal'
- 70 Nepalese workers died in 2022 World Cup preparations in Qatar
- Report: At least 450 migrant workers killed in Qatar over the past two years
- Qatar, FIFA playing 'blame game' over 2022 WC at cost of migrant workers' lives