Yemen, AFESD sign US$150 million agreement
Yemen has signed with the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development an agreement under which the Fund provides US$150 million to assist in financing the 2nd Marib gas-based power station whose total estimated cost is put at US$400 million.
The agreement was signed on behalf of the Yemeni side by Deputy Prime Minister for Economic Affairs Abdul Karim Ismail al-Arhabi and by AFESD legal advisor Hasab Allah al-Ubaid.
The Deputy Prime Minister for Economic Affairs of the contributions of the Arab Fund for Economic said that the Fund has already funded this project with US$ 100 million. It is noteworthy that the Saudi Fund for Development provided additional US$ 100 million for this project.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue