Manufacturing, service sectors to increase workforce this year
Performance of business sectors in Dubai was stable in the second quarter of 2011
Dubai Private sector organisations in Dubai could start expanding and hiring people during the third quarter, a report said.
Performance of business sectors in Dubai was stable in the second quarter of 2011, while the outlook for the third quarter remains positive, the Department of Economic Development in Dubai (DED) said.
A DED survey, which polled 500 on-shore and free zone companies across Dubai, took into account overall business performance and future outlook based on key indicators such as sales, revenues, wholesale and retail prices, volumes, profits, and number of employees.
It illustrated that sales revenues were stable in the second quarter compared with the first, while there is a strong positive expectation of more recruitment and expansion in Dubai.
The survey also revealed that companies in the manufacturing and services industries are planning to increase their workforce in 2011, while trading companies intend to maintain the same level of employment as the first quarter.
- Manufacturing, service sectors to increase workforce this year
- GCC Investment Strategy and Sectors Outlook for 2006
- Total exports of Bahrain in 2004 stood at BD2.83bn, an increase of 13.4% over 2003
- During 2000-04, Qatar’s nominal GDP is estimated to have grown at a CAGR of 12.5%
- Dubai's du tries to maintain optimism amidst plunging profits