Mideast food service market clocks up '$31 billion a year’
The Middle East food service market generates revenues in excess of $31 billion annually, said the organisers of an upcoming event in Dubai dedicated to food and beverage storage and services. The inaugural edition of Hostess Middle East will run from October 30 to November 2 at the Meydan Grandstand and Convention Centre.
Recent studies have shown that food and beverage services collectively account for 43 percent of hospitality revenues in the Middle East. The UAE serves as one of the key markets of Hostess Middle East with over 12,600 stand-alone food service providers operating in the country. Hostess Middle East 2012 will also be targeting thousands of hotels, restaurants and cafeterias operating in the UAE, including over 4,950 in Dubai, more than 3,000 in Abu Dhabi and 2,775 in Sharjah.
Hostess Middle East 2012 will also feature a series of workshops and presentations for HORECA (hotel, restaurant, cafe) investors focusing on key topics such as creative kitchens bakery design, coffee & fine food pairing, menu planning, etc. There will also be exclusive showcases on cutting-edge, innovative kitchen technology as well as cooking demonstrations by reputed international chefs and baristas from all over the world. Anselm Godinho, managing director of event organisers International Conferences and Exhibitions (IC&E), said: “Cosmopolitan cities such as Dubai and Abu Dhabi require more specialised food storage and food handling equipment and technologies because of the wide variety of food being processed and prepared on a daily basis by thousands of restaurants, cafes and hotels operating in these cities.” “This has accordingly influenced the increase in demand for new technologies, best practices and professional expertise in the food service industry.
Hostess Middle East is a first-of-its-kind trade event that caters to a specific audience of buyers from the HORECA sector.” “Establishing a direct link between HORECA owners and renowned global suppliers, Hostess Middle East helps trade visitors easily filter through the maze of suppliers and identify the technologies, equipment and expertise that match their specific business needs,” he added. Hostess Middle East is dedicated to the food and beverage storage and service sector.
The trade event will feature a wide range of products including baking equipment, barware and bar dispensing equipment, billing solutions and cafe, restaurant and bar furniture, among others.
- Lebanese waters severely polluted with chemicals
- HMC’s Engineering Department holds employee training certification ceremony
- HMC requires parents or guardians to be present during a medical assessment of their sick children
- How the other half live: 50 percent of Egypt's farmers own less than 15 percent of agricultural land
- Chinese car makers ready to manoeuvre the UAE market
- Brazilian exports to meet growing demands of USD 31 billion Middle Eastern food service Market
- $1.25 billion hotel kitchens market a global hotspot
- 500 key food and beverage buyers to gather in Abu Dhabi
- The Mideast Lights Up along with the World for New Year 2012
- Middle East food service market’s annual value estimated at over USD 31 billion