Bringing a taste of home to Europe
Taste of home: a kitchen run by refugees
Taste of Home gathers a group of individuals of all ages and backgrounds brought together by a common interest in food and cooking. They come from countries like Syria, Senegal, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Afghanistan, Croatia. Their efforts help refugees and migrants earn a living and become settled in Croatia. Through culinary and cultural exchange they learn new skills, make friends, and become part of the local culture.
Continue reading on Middle East Revised
An unwilling symbol of Israel's identity complex
Ziad “Zizo” Abul Hawa was thrust into the local media spotlight this week when he discovered that one of his neighbors wanted to get him evicted from his Tel Aviv apartment because she didn’t think it was safe to have an Arab in the building. The neighbor, who still has not been identified, left an unsigned note pinned to the notice board in the lobby of his building.
Continue reading on +972
Heartbreak at the hajj
When I landed in Saudi Arabia in September, it was to cover the hajj for the third time in my five years at AFP. It never occurred to me that I would end up reporting on the worst ever tragedy in the historyof the sacred pilgrimage that would leave more than 1,500 faithful dead.
September 24 was just like any typical day I had experienced in Mina, as people greeted one another on the first day of the Muslim Eid al-Adha festival.
Continue reading on AFP Correspondent
- LG Celebrates "The World On Your Table" at the Life Tastes Good Championship Global FinalE
- Taste of Abu Dhabi brings treat to our ears as well: jam to the sounds of the Four Seasons at the festival
- Bringing back the classics: Abu Dhabi serves up an authentic taste of Lebanon
- Al Aqah brings a Taste of Middle Eastern Art to the East Coast - Hotel Goers are treated to Artistic Display by Acclaimed Artist Wael K. Hamadeh
- Mary McBride Band gives Americans taste from home in Saudi