Clooney's bride-to-be Alamuddin from a Druze family of Sheikhs
American actor George Clooney and fiancé Amal Allamuddin
Amal Alamuddin from “Druze family of sheikhs”
A NOW journalist headed to Alamuddin’s town of origin Baaqline, a Druze town in Lebanon’s Chouf district, to see how residents were reacting to the news of her upcoming superstar wedding.
Source: Now Media Blog
Jordan’s Anti-Terrorism Law: A Choice between Security or Speech
Forget blowing something up or attacking a bus of tourists- now, in Jordan, if you express support for any group considered terrorists, you'll find yourself locked up and in hard labor.
Former FBI Agent: NYPD’s Muslim-Spying Demographics Unit Was Almost Completely Useless
It turns out spying for ten years on First Amendment-protected activities by Muslims in America yielded nothing that traditional investigative work wasn't already doing.
Source: Informed Comment
- Talk of the village: What does Amal Alamuddin's Druze community think of Clooney engagement?
- It's a date! George Clooney to kiss his Druze bride Amal Alamuddin on Sept. 20!
- The story of a Lebanese lady taking the world's most wanted bachelor off the market ends in Italy wedding!
- Longest wedding ever! Clooneys' juicy wedding details revealed
- Sleek Sheikhs: Flashy Eid attire for Saudi men