Federal Flunkies: Four reasons Egypt is not doing well
What do young Egyptians have to cheer about these days? Not much.
In case you're wondering how things are in Egypt: not good
Four recent events show the world that Egypt still lacks order and justice.
Source: The Arabist
Syrian refugees face winter misery
But even as they brace for the cold months ahead in Iraq, they have not lost their culture of hospitality.
Source: Al Jazeera Blogs
Campaign to Nominate Saudi Activist For Nobel Peace Prize
A campaign to nominate imprisoned Saudi human rights defender Dr Abdullah al-Hamid for the Nobel Peace Prize 2014 was launched and sheds light on his plight.
Source: Global Voices Online
Nun Emerges as Power Broker in Syria
Mother Superior Agnes-Mariam built up her connections through her "pushy" personality and constant lobbying, saying people found it hard to refuse a nun.
Source: Diaa Hadid
- Poor Quality Public Education, High-Priced Private Lessons are Main Reasons for Child Labor in Egypt
- It's been a while: how's Egypt's economy doing?
- Disenchanted Jordan: the economic and political malaise common to Arab world
- What to do with your bonds? Don't panic
- Top Ten Reasons McCain and Graham to Egypt won't work