How to not be a 'good girl' in the Middle East
"Dating is wrong because it mostly ends with a breakup, and the last thing a good girl should carry is the stigma of being someone’s ex." (Pixabay)
Good Girls Don't
As I was writing yesterday’s post on online dating, I did a lot of thinking about how relationships are conducted and perceived in our part of the world.
Source: Beyond Beirut
Netflix UAE has only 618 TV and Movie titles
Netflix video-streaming service Netflix went live in the UAE and more than 130 other countries last week. The service was launched with the offer of a one-month free trial, after users provide their credit card information.
Source: TFour Me
Sex and the Lebanese
A survey in Lebanon has shed new light on attitudes to sexual freedom but also uncovered some apparent contradictions.
Source: Al Bab
After Cologne, Germany Faces A Rift Over Refugees
Following a string of sexual assaults in Cologne, Germany on New Year’s Eve, the country has been fighting an internal battle about whether to continue welcoming and integrating refugees.
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- How liveable is the Middle East? It’s not looking good for these five cities
- Is it their Daesh-ing good looks? More Euro teens flock to Syria for jihadi love
- Powerless passports and vicious visas: how do your papers rank in the Middle East?
- The new, bold and ugly: Ramadan TV presents University Girls