The Riches of Persia frozen throughout the world
The money and other assets belonging to Iran have been blocked globally.
Iran Blocked Assets in China at $22 Billion
Iran's Vice President Mohammad Baqer Nobakht said today the country's $22 billion worth of assets has been blocked in China. The total Iranian assets blocked worldwide are estimated at more than $60 billion.
Source: Uskowi on Iran
Egypt: Lawsuits Greet Bassem Youssef's Long-Awaited Al Bernameg
The Egyptian funnyman is back and guess what follows? Lawsuits!
Source: Global Voices Online
Qatar removes Zinedine Zidane’s headbutt statue
The iconic moment in World Cup soccer was a little too un-Islamic for the powers that be in Qatar.
Source: Blog Baladi
PHOTOS: Palestinians celebrate prisoner release in West Bank
Look at the faces of family members who haven't seen their loved ones for ten years. The men were freed in the second stage of a deal between Israel and the Palestinian Authority designed to enable a return to negotiations.
Source: 972 Mag
I Read I Write, Yemeni Women Fight To Get Education
"A Yemeni proverb says "a girl leaves the house only twice, to her husband and to her grave" but for the Yemeni women in the I Read I Write series of portraits, the only way to go against this belief is through higher education, despite the staggering odds they're faced with."
Source: Afrah Nasser
- Rollin' out the red: 10th edition DIFF set to be off the chain!
- Fine Islamic and Persian Court Art Up for Sale Includes Century Year Old Curtain which Once Guarded the Ka’Ba in Mecca
- Rare snakes charm visitors at Ibn Battuta Mall
- China Court on camera as Dubai TV broadcasts live from Ibn Battuta Mall
- Romeo & Juliet of Persia; And Go Away 'Matchmaker' says Arabian singleton!