Faceblock: Iran developing censors for social media
Iran will let you be social, but they are still going to limit free speech.
Iran developing ‘intelligent software’ to censor social networks instead of blocking them completely
The Web is buzzing today over reports that Iran is developing ”intelligent software” to restrict content on popular social networks — an alternative to the country’s current solution of blocking popular networks completely.
Source: The Next Web
BASSEM YOUSSEF GETS THE NMA TREATMENT
If there's one place to get the pulse of the liberal view in Egypt, Bassem Youssef's show is it.
Source: The Arabist
Assad Speech – December 6, 2012
Opposition denounces president’s peace plan as ‘empty rhetoric’ as Assad pledges to stay and continue fighting ‘terrorist’ violence.
Source: Syria Comment
The Power of Newspapers?
I’m not sure if they were being sarcastic or if it’s a desperate shot by a dying medium, but it’s very comforting to see that the Middle East is not the only place where traditional media is trying to keep a grip in the world of advertising.
- Iran developing system to identify all Internet users
- New plans in Iran to control social media access
- Lebanese Censors Seize Hundreds of CDs, DVDs from Virgin Megastore
- Flame malware could be just one of four designed to attack companies based in Middle East
- The Sharia Sharpie: How the KSA censors Western products