Lebanese trying to legalize civil marriage despite religious opposition
As long as these two don't have different religions, the Lebanese muftis say, 'Enjoy the wedding!'
Mufti Kabbani strictly against civil marriage
"Every Muslim official, whether a deputy or a minister, who supports the legalization of civil marriage, even if it is optional, is an apostate and outside the Islamic religion,” Qabbani said in a religious edict, or fatwa.
Source: Plus 961
The Physics of Living in a Bubble and the Futility of the Bubble
Using physics to vent about life in the closed system of Amman.
Source: And Far Away
Egypt: Canal Provinces Defy Morsi, Weakening his Authority
It seems fairly clear that the Egyptian military is not policing the curfew in those cities, so Morsi’s hopes of handing the problem off to them has not worked.
Source: Informed Comment
LTE (4G) now active on Zain iPhones
If you’ve got an iPhone 5 and are using Zain then you’re lucky because they just activated the service for your phones.
Source: 248 AM
The Arab Spring Stages – By Dire Straits’ Hits
In addition to their glorious music, Dire Straits proved to be prescient in their choice of song titles. Here’s a breakdown of how their song titles match the different stages of the Arab Spring.
Source: Karl reMarks
- Dispensing with eloping offshore: Lebanon might make civil marriage a home-grown affair
- Lebanon's civil saga continues: Family of the bride disapprove of daughter's marital dreams
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Lebanese protest for Civil Marriages
- U.S. Imam is happy to spread the love: discreetly marrying gay Muslim couples