Libyans returning to bullet ridden schools, one-armed teachers
A Libyan did not let the loss of his arm deter him from teaching the next generation. (image from Khadi Jateri)
Back to school soon in Libya - I'm excited!
Educating Libyan children is essential to Libya's future. The entire educational system in Libya needs a make-over and many projects are underway.
Source: Khadi Jateri
Despite 600 Deaths, Egypt’s Christians Support Military’s Eviction of pro-Morsi Protestors
Despite the deaths of more than 500 Muslim Brotherhood supporters and the resulting retaliation against Christian targets nationwide, Egypt’s Christian community stands with yesterday’s decision by the military-backed transitional government to break-up the pro-Morsi sit-ins.
Source: A Sense of Belonging
Why Egyptians risk more protests
Despite a very real threat of death, government crackdowns have spurred a new wave of protesters to take to the streets.
Source: Al Jazeera Blog
Adawiya afterthoughts of a young Muslim Brother
A courageous young man from Rabaa al-Adawiya has to come forward and declare openly, “We don’t need salutes to the martyrs or acclaim for a couple ascending to paradise. Ours was an absurd battle that we could have avoided.”
Source: Arab Saga
- Libyans cleaning up and kicking out the militias
- Two Teachers Die, Students saved: Another Saudi Girls' School Fire
- Let's talk about sex! Arabic returning as a sultry, explicit sex language
- Stranger than Fiction: The Conundrum of Contemporary Lebanese History Fit for Schools
- Armed Militias of Alawites emerging in Syria