The lives of others
Aleppo, July, 2016. (AFP / Thaer Mohammed)
Today, after witnessing the huge number of massacres that I have, it’s very hard to think of one specific instance. It’s become a daily occurrence. Now images stay in my mind for a short while before they slip away, to take their place alongside all the others.
In the Mediterranean: Leisure and Landscapes, Crisis and Conflict
Although Mr. Hannes was in the Mediterranean at a time of political, economic and social upheaval, he felt it was important to get away from a photojournalistic approach, even in his more serious photographs.
Source: Lens - New York Times
A Perfect Storm
Like the works of Rokni Haerizadeh and Kader Attia, the others in the exhibition deliver powerful messages quietly and eloquently, through conceptually sound ideas and carefully selected materials, which in their many meanings and layers challenge colonised history. Subverting that history to include other versions of ‘truth’ might in fact change the way in which one enters the future – wherein perhaps Benjamin’s catastrophic reading of Klee’s Angelus Novus will once again be reimagined.
- TASWEEK to highlight ‘Smart Living City’ Dubai 2014 trend, other key prospects at 4th GCC- Morocco Investment Forum & Expo
- The Dance of Death in Syria-- some dying and others fighting to live
- How the other half live: 50 percent of Egypt's farmers own less than 15 percent of agricultural land
- TV series "Under Control" tells the other side to drug addiction and its consequences
- Straight from your living room: Independent music goes live from a living room in Cairo