Palestine's Land Day 2012: Filled with Emotion & Violence
Commemorating the events of 1976, pictured is one of the demonstrators in Jerusalem, silenced by the blood-stained past of Palestine.
Why Land Day Still Matters
"Every year since 1976, on March 30, Palestinians around the world have commemorated Land Day. Though it may sound like an environmental celebration, Land Day marks a bloody day in Israel when security forces gunned down six Palestinians, as they protested Israeli expropriation of Arab-owned land in the country’s north to build Jewish-only settlements."
#LandDay – #GM2J – March 30, 2012 – Photos & Video
Occupied Palestine have been reporting diligently and extensively on Land Day. For those interested, it is definitely worth visiting the main blog for further details. But Al Bawaba highlights this specific post, as it captures many of the sights of the day and the feel of it.
Source: Occupied Palestine
Palestine's Maan News: Land Day 2012 live report
Here is a play by play of what happened on Land Day 2012 as marchers trekked from Bethlehem to Jerusalem.
Source: Annie's New Letters (& notes)
- Palestine Land Day promises 'This Year in Jerusalem', with Global March
- Time to print some BDS flyers! HP culpable of maintaining Israeli occupation
- iNakba: This amazing Israeli app wants to teach you about land destroyed in Palestine
- Palestine continues to shrink: Israel's latest land grab and what it means for Palestinian statehood
- Palestine Gets the Bah Humbug! from America's Gingrich