The problem with yellow cabs in Jordan
Commuting around Amman is easy, there is always a yellow Taxi to take you from one place to the other, and the fare starts at JD0.25. (Art Week Amman)
Understanding Amman’s Yellow Taxi Dilemma
Perhaps the most misunderstood segment of workers in Jordan are the taxi drivers. Their problem? Those two smartphone applications that are allowing unlicensed cars and drivers to provide public transportation services that compete head to head with their yellow vehicles.
Source: Black Iris
‘You’ll Wish He Had Died’: How Not to Teach Sensitivity
At a time when people with Down syndrome are successfully assimilating in their societies, taking on academic positions and artistic professions, our Arab communities are still reinforcing negative stereotypes of people with special needs; the book series discussed here is a case in point.
How Far will Americans take anti-Muslim Hate? Making them wear Green Stars?
Following all the disturbing incidents occurring around the country, it is extremely alarming and shows the United States going in a very disturbing direction.
Source: Informed Comment
- Jordanians nab awards for yellow cab movie "The Last Friday"
- Irbid, Jordan, is protesting the right to voluntarily clean city!
- App-based taxi services take off in Amman
- Taxing taxis: 10 terrible excuses from Amman cabbies for not picking you up
- Women in Jordan are more educated than ever — but they still aren't working