Rolling stones in the desert
The profession of “stone mover”, first began in the seventies, involves the moving, by hand, of medium-sized stones from the quarries to trucks, prior to their transport to stone crushing plants where they are broken down for sale. (http://www.hussamd.me/)
The Stone Movers: Arched backs under the sun
There is a peculiar job practiced by real people around 220 kilometers south of Amman, deep in the Ma’an desert. It consists in lifting and carrying on a daily basis 50 stones weighing at least 250 kilograms each to a truck elevated three meters off the ground. Have you ever heard of 'stone movers'?
A Little Empathy Would Go A Long Way
Empathy is good for the office, is good for professionals in education, health and social care. Empathy helps fight inequality, reduces prejudice and racism, encourages people to reach out and help others who are not necessarily in their social group, and boosts positive human relations.
Source: Red Lips High Heels
Construction works on Jannah dam ongoing despite order of cessation
Despite the order of cessation issued by the Governor of Mount Lebanon Fouad Fleifel last week, the construction site of the controversial Jannah dam where works continue.
Source: Newsroom Nomad
- Dubai Media City-based HGW Media announces launch of Rolling Stone Middle East Magazine
- "You can't always get what you want" but the Rolling Stones did with $6.7 mill for their upcoming Israel gig
- The Rolling Stones have arrived! Ronnie Wood dishes about Abu Dhabi rehearsals
- Egyptian underground singer Shehab Kasseb stands chance at Rolling Stones competition
- Rolling Stone Middle East to add new vibe to 8th Dubai International Film Festival