Shedding Pounds: Many Lebanese restaurants refusing Syrian money
The Syrian Pound is turning more into the Syrian 'flound'. (image courtesy of Nuqudy)
"We are not taking Syrian money."
Since the value of the Syrian currency fluctuates so much, some places in Lebanon are not accepting it as legal tender.
Source: Beirut Report
Clerics in Egypt Call for Global Jihad Against Regime’s Shiite Allies, Egypt Cuts Syria Ties
Though the statement issued at the conference doesn’t explicitly call for jihad targeting Iran, it does make plain that the call to jihad is to counter Iran’s influence and actions; Iran is therefore openly depicted as the enemy that has made this jihad necessary.
Source: Syria Comment
A Compromise in Syria: The Regime’s View
An insider within the Syria government has found the seven things Assad's regime really wants to survive.
Source: Qifa Nabki
There is More to Apple’s iOS 7 Than Meets The Eye
We are not arguing if the new iOS 7 is usable or not, It’s somehow usable and I would’ve liked it if it were iOS 1 from the beginning. The point is that, iOS 7 is not better compared to iOS 6, from a design standpoint.
- The Syrian conflict and Lebanese farmers
- Businessmen fleeing Syria as violence escalates
- Frozen aid, frozen children: the corruption and unfulfilled promises pervading relief work to Syrians in Lebanon
- Desperate Syrian refugees turn to sex work in Lebanon
- Something Rotten in Lebanon: Decaying Meats Sold to Restaurants, Hotels