Strike averted, yet chapters of Syria's sad tale still being written
The US have decided against the strike on Syria. (Image: Facebook)
A Strike Averted, Back to Business as Usual
Syria and the Levant awaited the “imminent” but “limited” strike, barely able to imagine the immediate consequences on Syria and the wider repercussions on the region this attack would have had.
Source: Eye on the East
Pleas from Putin and Obama on Syria
Russian President Vladimir Putin and U.S. President Barack Obama are at the chess board again, addressing the American people, congressional leaders and the world at large on the threat of a strike against Syria.
Source: Mich Cafe
Why a UN resolution on Syria is needed
Arguments about Syria's chemical weapons have now shifted to the UN Security Council, with predictable results. Russia is resisting American and French attempts to issue a binding resolution – i.e. one that could be backed up with the use of force if Syria failed to comply.
Source: Al Bab
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Are the objectives of Opec still valid?
- Freaky Friday hits Jittery Jordan: Beirut's blast infects Amman
- The media gets a poster girl, Amina Arraf, for the Syrian Revolution
- So, no 'White Privilege'? Wrong! Caucasian bias is no fairy tale