International Women's Day: How did the Arab world celebrate it?
Women protesting against domestic violence in Lebanon on Women's International Day. (Image: Blog Baladi)
In Pictures: Lebanese Protest Against Domestic Violence On International Women’s Day
It was great seeing so many people at Mathaf today for the demonstration planned by KAFA.
Source: Blog Baladi
Celebrating #InternationalWomensDay2014 in #Egypt : Release The Women Detainees
The Revolutionary Way Front organized a march this afternoon in Dokki in solidarity with Egyptian as well Arab detainees regardless of their political affiliation. The march was called “Bring Back our daughters from the prison cells.”
Source: Egyptian Chronicles
Happy International Women’s Day, from Jordan (and Google)
Google’s Doodle marks the day by showing over 100 women from all corners of the globe in a 80 second video, and I’m proud that Jordan gets a spot on the global doodle for International Women’s Day. I also can’t believe I’m in a Google Doodle.
Source: And Far Away
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- This International Women’s Day, separate Islam and culture when it comes to rights
- How did "Star of the East" Umm Kulthum become the most iconic singer of this century?
- INSEAD marks International Women’s Day with seminar in Abu Dhabi
- Arab pride: Queen Rania in Forbes' "World's 100 Most Powerful Women" and Lebanese Swim for Gold